Monday, June 4, 2012

Homemade Egg Noodles from Food Storage Ingredients


Here is a recipe that you can use to make delicious egg noodles and rotate your food storage in the process.  Not only does it produce wonderful noodles but it is fun to make with your family.  I have converted this recipe from a traditional recipe that has been handed down from my great grandmother. 
The ingredients are simple and basic. 

The original recipe used fresh eggs.  Substituting Thrive Whole Egg Powder in the recipe makes it very convenient.  I never have to worry about having fresh eggs on hand and the noodles come out tasting wonderful.  

As children, my brother, sisters and I loved to help my mother make this recipe.  It was our job to unroll the noodles and break them into noodle sized pieces to dry.  We especially loved to sample the raw noodles.  I always worried about my children getting Salmonella from the raw eggs, so my children missed out on the tasting part.  When I use Thrive Whole Egg Powder, I don't have to worry about that.  Now, my grandchildren are enjoying the noodle making process, especially the tasting.

Watch this tutorial to learn how to make this delicious recipe.


Ingredients

1 to 1 1/4 C. flour (start with 1C. that is enough in most cases)
3 T. Whole Egg Powder
6 T. Water
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix and roll out as shown in the above tutorial

I hope that you will try this recipe.  I am sure that you will like it.  You can use the noodles immediately  or you can freeze them for use in the future.  I usually make chicken noodle soup with them, but they are very versatile.  In my extended family, the chicken noodle soup made with these egg noodles is considered a comfort food.  To make the soup, just use chicken broth, chicken, onion, celery and carrots.  Cook until vegetables and chicken are done.  Add the noodles to the boiling soup a handfull at a time.  Cook for about 4 minutes and it's done.  To make cooking fast and easy, just use Thrive freeze-dried vegetables and freeze-dried chicken.  You will be enjoying your chicken noodle soup before you know it.

If you would like to purchase Thrive Whole Egg Powder, freeze-dried vegetables or chicken, visit my Shelf Reliance website at:



No comments:

Post a Comment