Thursday, June 7, 2012

Why Freeze-Dried Foods Should Be Part of Your Food Storage Plan



Today there are many options open to people starting or building their food storage plan.  I believe that it is wise not to put all of your food storage dollars into one basket.  That being said, I believe that freeze-dried foods should definitely be a part of everyone’s plan. 

Why I like freeze-dried foods for food storage:

1.    When sealed, they can be stored for up to 25 years at room temperature.  Note: Extreme heat reduces shelf life.
2.    Their reduced water content inhibits the growth of microorganisms, and spoilage.
3.    The freeze-drying process preserves the nutritional content of the food.
4.    They maintain their natural shape, size, color, aroma and taste
5.    They speed up the process of food preparation because they are already sliced or chopped and they rehydrated quickly.
6.    They are delicious right out of the can if circumstances required you to eat them that way.
7.    They fit well into a food rotation plan. 
8.    They are easy to use in everyday cooking.
9.    They provide good nutrition, variety and convenience.

When I was first introduced to Shelf Reliance Thrive foods, I could see the possibilities.  I already had food storage, but I always wondered how we could survive without getting food fatigue (tired of eating wheat, rice and beans).  With Thrive Foods, we can eat just about what we always eat even if I can’t go to the store.

I have found that as I rotate my food storage in my everyday meals, Thrive Foods make cooking fast, easy and fun.  I don’t have to worry about unexpectedly running out of eggs.  My can of Thrive Whole Egg Powder is in my pantry and ready to use.  I waste less because I can use the exact amount of Thrive foods like celery or mushrooms without worrying how I might use the remaining fresh ones.


What is the process used to freeze-dry Shelf Reliance Thrive foods?

1.    Fresh quality foods are chosen at the peak of perfection.
2.    Meats are cooked, some vegetables are blanched and all foods are cut into small pieces.
3.    The foods are flash frozen at -50 Degrees F.
4.    The foods are immediately placed into a vacuum chamber and 98% of the moisture is removed through sublimation (changing liquid into gas).
5.    The food is sealed in moisture and oxygen proof cans.


It makes sense to make Shelf Reliance Thrive freeze-dried foods part of your food storage plan.  If you would like to shop for Shelf Reliance Thrive foods, just visit my Shelf Reliance website at:





No comments:

Post a Comment